How it works
- Homeless individuals are referred to Pathways to Independence either via and agency; such as probation or the local authority or they can refer themselves. Our clients may be rough sleeping or in very temporary accommodation.
- We get far more referrals than we are able to support, but for those we can help our first priority is to provide a safe place to live for up to two years.
- Once they have settled into one of our accommodation projects clients work with staff to identify an appropriate support package.
- During their time with us clients work towards goals agreed with their Support Worker. As well as attending appointments at various support agencies many individuals spend some of their weeks volunteering either at one of our projects or a local opportunity of their choice.
- The last step of the journey is to move on into independent living and hopefully employment, if needed we provide outreach support to help with settling in.